View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
Leon
Thanks for the question and welcome to AA.

I am glad that you have been able to listen to the MBL's and enjoy them. It usually takes some time to get used to the soundstage they present if you are not used to listening to an omni-directional speaker. Whereas many speakers provide Pinpoint Imaging they are unable to generate the feel or soundstage of a live performance.

I have heard the 111's 116's and 121's all powered by the 8011am amps. My only concern would be if you put a pair of 111's in a "large" room, only then might you push the 8011's. If you can swing a pair of used 9007's that would be the way to go.

I can't help you with the Accuphase question. I respect that line quite a bit, but I do not know how much current they are able to provide.

Let me know if there is anything I missed.

Jim

Thank you Jim for the warm welcome and prompt reply.

Yes I do like the MBL sound indeed ... I like especially the way the music kind of floats through the air from one room to another (an idiosyncrasy of mine is to pot around the house with the music on in another room!). I like my JM Lab Utopias but they do not have the same effect.

Hmm ... yes I would have to look at the numbers, ideally a pair of 9007s would be prefect for the 111Fs. My listening room is not huge but I have come to appreciate the importance of raw power needed for control and drive of speakers, especially ones with a subwoofer component.

I am currently based in germany for a year and the local MBL dealer did say that they may be able to help me obtain a VAT rebate if I bought the system here. That would be a 19% rebate! Sounds too good to be true. I will have to await his proposal.

With kind regards,
Leon