View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Congrats, Serge! I am looking forward to your initial impresssions as and well as more of your trademark reviews (you and Dan set the bar for us all).

BTW, also congrats on the Harbeths! I heard the 30.1s with C-J amplification, and I have to say they are a ravishingly beautiful-sounding speaker. I have thought long and hard about getting a pair. Actually, that is an understatement: I have thought very long and very hard about getting a pair. The only issue with them is that they don't come up for sale used very often because their owners are so happy with them!

Maybe someday (or maybe I will buy yours if you ever upgrade to 40.1s-Ha!)

Enjoy and best regards my friend,

Stephen
Thank you Stephen. I have the 30.2 40th anniversary pair. Alan Shaw decided there was room for improvement over the 30.1 but I am glad he didn't make any radical changes to these magnificent speakers. As far as I know the changes were the upgraded poly caps in the crossovers, WBT binding posts and internal wiring.

Going from memory as it has been quite some time since I even heard the 30.1, the 30.2 retains all of the magic but gives them just a bit more openness and more palpable/focused imaging. Hauntingly beautiful speakers with the EL34 "Triode mode" of the PrimaLuna HP I am driving them with right now.

Loving the Silver Eucalyptus color as well. This is the first Harbeth pair I have owned and I don't see myself upgrading or changing speakers anytime soon, sorry buddy.

I would imagine with the 40th anniversary additions and perhaps these changes persisting across the board going forward, you will see quite a few older Harbeth models for sale. Wonderful opportunity to jump on them at preowned prices! The older models will seduce and romance the listener no less than the new .2 models with the right amplification. No doubt C-J will be spectacular.

As far as a review of YggY, Dan already did an outstanding job with reviewing YggY for us, at best, all I can offer are some "observations" of my own to add to the further discussions about YggY.