View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus340r View Post
A few changes.

Upgraded the AC to an AC3

I wasn't sure what to expect because comments and internet rants have always ranged from the "I couldn't tell and difference, its just a marketing ploy" to "the earth's axis altered slightly".

Well for me, in my system, the difference is quite marked and it's quite interesting to go back to all those early reviews and read what was said because they were mostly based on the AC3. This is what the deck should be IMO.

Better precision, more focus, instruments and vocals are cleaner and more firmly locked in space and anchored down, with greater shape and greater air around them and generally the table just sounds noticeably more metrononic and stable like the speed stability and surefootedness of a CD player. Instruments are a lot more together, unshakeably so now, elucidating new musical intent and interplay that wasn't there previously. At first the table feels like it's sort of lost something and has taken on a blandness but this soon goes and I think that's because you have to adjust as your brain is doing less work filling in the last 5% of blanks making it all fit together; now it just fits together on its own !

Going back to the single motor afterwards is a bit of a downer with everything sounding all a bit vague and wooly by comparison. So yes, a big upgrade for me.

Hello !

You should ask your cats about this upgrade! I'm pretty sure they have a strong opinion!
No kidding, you have a wonderful system. I find the Raven and Reed arm especially... impressive.

Last edited by Egeswald; 12-02-2017 at 02:07 PM.