View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delp View Post
FYI---I've had a chance to extensive listening to Denon's DCD-A100 and it is very, very good. So smooth, yet with deeply revealing details, both instrumental and spatial.

Also it has amazingly extended and tight bass. It's bass response also blends very well
with the lower mid-range. It's lower treble/uppermost mids were a little peaky at first, but that coloration has been mainly burnished off with about 150 hours of play time. NOTE--this small peak had a very narrow notch and was not a ringing resonence that affected frequencies around it. All-in-all a real sweet player with RB CD's and SACD's.
I bought one of the DCD-A100 SACD players when they were discontinued and discounted to 1500 dollars. I think it's an excellent player, so well constructed, and I agree with your assessment of the sonics. I like it more than I did the Sony SCD-XA5400ES i had. I use my PS Audio DAC Mk II and Transport for Redbook, though the Denon Redbook sounds good, it's no match for the PS Audio Duo. But the SACD sound after hundreds of hours is very very good.