View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:39 PM

I hope you guys end up being as impressed with the TeddyDac as I have. It's definitely the most musically satisfying DAC I've come across; and I've had dozens come and go... I haven't had the opportunity to try the Acoustic Plan DAC. I hope I get to someday so I can write a review for everyone here.

There are a few tweaks I've employed to get the DAC to produce its best magic... Both the TeddyDAC and the TTouch power supply need to be grounded to function at their best; however sources always sound better to me when they're connected to the Mr. T. The problem is the Mr. T is not grounded when using one of Ken's cords. Therefore, I ended up sourcing the 3-wire version of the same vintage cord used in Shindo's upgraded cords and terminating them with the same plugs. I then used these cords to power the Mr. T, the TeddyDac and the TTouch. The moment they were connected, it took my digital system to a level I thought not possible. I stilll just can't get over how good it sounds every time I sit down for a listen. This may not be Shindo approved, but it works amazingly well.

If you plan on using the SB Touch as a source, I highly recommend using the firmware modifications that Soundcheck graciously posted on his blog for free. It really cleans up the digital signal prior to its arrival at the DAC. The TTouch power supply also does a stellar job in producing a clean digital signal. When you're listening to sources with speakers utilizing high resolution compression drivers like my Shindo made Valencias, you hear the slightest changes to your system.

Currently, I'm back to listening to the TeddyDAC through the Black Cat Veloce. It's such a great digital cable for the $.

Finally, the Shindo Arome CD matching transformer mates extremely well with the TeddyDAC. It adds such a great sense of depth and sense of a live performance, that I wouldn't imagine listening without one. In fact, lately I've been controlling the system volume with the Arome and it works amazing well. If I had a set of interconnects long enough, I could run it to my couch and use it as a remote!

One more thing. If you have an IPad, you can control the Squeezebox Touch with the Ipeng app. I love it! The only problem is you won't ever want to get off the couch...

I know you guys mostly aren't into home theater, however we love listening to movies through the TeddyDac and the Arome. Everything sounds so realistic and clear. You can actually hear every word the actors are saying, and the sound it yields is so much more involving. IMHO, it puts the most expensive multi-channel systems to shame!