Thread: 2 F112 or F113
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpetersen View Post
Agreed. I matched a pair of E110's with Aerial 6T's - great. Since then I put a pair of RELs with the Aerials as they blended a bit better and moved the E110's into our small media room.

In both cases, two subs was key. Never could get one to work nearly as well, but in both rooms placing a sub front and center was not an option. In both cases the subs are closer to the listening position than the mains. The Sound Doctor white paper (JL Audio website) does good job explaining all this. try the sound doctor test CD or similar, and do a 'sub crawl'. You might be surprised how strong the nulls and peaks are in your room. I was. Enjoy!

You have me intrigued with your using REL in place of the JLs. I have a couple of S2s sitting around. As the 6s and 7s are very similar,in what aspect did you notice RELs blending better. I xover high and low at 48-52 HZ with the E110s. Do the RELs allow you to xover? Blending is completely unnoticeable. I would be very appreciative if you'd elaborate as I believe we both have similar listening taste and I may be missing something. Not an uncommon occurrence for me.
Thank you in advance.