Thread: 2 F112 or F113
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulphoosreal View Post
Rick. I'm thinking you'd be better off with 2 subs as you'll see a 6 db. increase in output. Two subs will also give more even coverage in your room. I still have my Aerial 7Ts and I went with 2 E110s. I've never regretted that decision. Very fast,musical and I get close to 19HZ in my room. I can only imagine what the 12s will sound like. You will need a high and low pass filter to blend them to perfection. Good luck!
Agreed. I matched a pair of E110's with Aerial 6T's - great. Since then I put a pair of RELs with the Aerials as they blended a bit better and moved the E110's into our small media room.

In both cases, two subs was key. Never could get one to work nearly as well, but in both rooms placing a sub front and center was not an option. In both cases the subs are closer to the listening position than the mains. The Sound Doctor white paper (JL Audio website) does good job explaining all this. try the sound doctor test CD or similar, and do a 'sub crawl'. You might be surprised how strong the nulls and peaks are in your room. I was. Enjoy!
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 04-06-2017 at 10:07 PM.