View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 09:50 PM

Well. Re the dealers. Here is what happened. I went to my local dealer 50 miles from my house. Ask him a price 15 minutes into it. 3 hours later I get one. But, he was unsure of price on cherry. So I told him to figure it out and call me the following day. I had to call him many times and each time he had forgotten etc. I really think he has health issues - and I like the guy but honestly if I ordered them? I don't know if he would have remembered to place the order.
So let's go to plan B. A place I went to demo them out of state - about a 3-4 hour drive. I call up and I say let's work out a price - I came to see you in Dec 2014. Great shop. He has some deal going on and it might have worked out well for me......except.... I don't live in his state - even given the extenuating circumstances - magnepan needed to give him permission. He calls me right back. He can't get permission. He says call magnepan NEXT Monday when Wendell will be in the office. He can't sell them. Even though I know of someone else that has purchased from him across state lines on this site.

Exasperated and pissed to no end, I go online look for a dealer about 120 miles away. How do I know them? From a picture on an online page. I can imagine the guys delight when I called at 4pm on a Monday asking him if he could sell me a pair so we work out a 'so-so' deal. One I can live with but not anything to write home about.

This was a two week process because I was trying to give my local guy a chance to make it happen. When I realized it wasn't going to happen. I was like... ah well I'll just call up the place I had the demo with and at least reward him with the sale. Then....WHAT?? You won't sell them to me?? Oh brother.