View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Early Sunday morning around 6AM, I ran across this wonderful thread. After the first two pages, I knew I had to read them all. So, briefly stopping to make some coffee and then resume.

Just wonderful and confirms my belief I have as I read your obsession with power conditioning & associated connectors. Took me awhile to find what I believe works best in my system but you have opened a few new components that I may look into. Not easy nor inexpensive to audition in the home.

I was fortunate to have some Nordost Odin speaker cables and 2 power cables to audition in the house and I could not believe the micro details they provided. However, they are out of my reach financially, so they went back to Holliston, Massachusetts. If ever affordable, I'm in line.

You had many experiments with gear and the like, but one that grabbed my attention was the Sylomer foam under the TT corners.

You have started my Sunday on a bright light & will follow your journey into the future. Just an awesome setup you have. Thanks, sir.

Best to you,

Bob

P.S. I know you don't care for selfies, but do you wish to share your first name?
Hi Bob!
Thank you very much! To share and get inspired by others in this hobby is essential. It's not easy to go forward alone. I'v learned a lot from this forum and the Swedish Euphonia forum. I'm glad that I inspired you.
If you're interested in trying sylomer. I'm quite sure about that it works best if you use a heavy stone (Diabas) under the HiFi-unit and sylomer under the stone. Try to find a dealer ore an engineering firm that can help you to calculate what type and shape they should be due to the load. But, thats just a guide. Quite often i found it's better to have it a bit stiffer. Under the Turntable the stone is even more important and that the resonant frequency is lower than 20Hz. At least it's a good start.
If you want's to make it easy... buy HRS isolation bases. But then you miss the experience, some more money and all the fun...

best regards.

/Carl