View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 12:10 PM

ktiliao88

Quote:
DG58 is fancy but I found its voicing function not suitable for some acoustic environment. In my bedroom it works perfect but in my living room it does not perform well.
After using mine for about two years, I found out that DG-58 works at his best when it doesn't have to correct too much.
In my opinion it is very good to improve an already fine system in a fine environment, and compared to my other DSP (a mini DSP22D with Dirac) does that with complete transparency in the system and without altering the "original" voice of the system.

Basically now I use it in a well passively corrected and audio dedicated room, to smooth out a bass modal that still persists and to perfectly match the L and R response, that is already good to begin with. The results are clearly noticeable (e.g. in a blind test I can easily tell 100% of the time if the EQ is on or off, wich is not true at all for other comparisons I've done, like between DACS, preamps or power amps), with a better focus on the scene and the bass modal reduced.

In more difficult situations I tried (essentially more lively and/or irregular rooms), Dirac simply works better. If the Accuphase (that in my opinion is more crude regarding measuring and correcting) has to correct too much, often I get an sound that is a bit "unnatural". Don't have any better word to explain the sensation.

Last edited by Mattia; 11-18-2017 at 12:30 PM.