View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 03:15 PM

Thank you for the reply, Christian.

Many times--not always, glare or brightness in the upper mid and low treble is related to compression of the signal and that starts with power.

As an example, I tried the P300 when it first came out, when it was covered relentlessly by Stereophile--front cover and all that--- before I worked with Caelin. It reduced noise for sure, but after listening for a time, I kept wanting to turn up the sound to get timing/dynamics back and when I did, the sound became compressed, sharp and opaque. And this was simply driving a Mark Levinson 39 integrated player/pre-amp. No amp, just a single source component. However, maybe that is simply how I listen because we have to keep that in mind-- we all listen a little differently. I listen for timing first, and so does Caelin.

Obviously, Instantaneous delivery of peak current is a theme with us in terms of un-limiting dynamics and timing in sound.

If you have a small ground loop hum or bass-boom in your system, our products may make that worse because they open the flood-gates with peak-current--so if the speakers have a small issue being close to the side-walls it will get worse. If there is a GL hum, it will become more pronounced--as it should. The good thing is the problems are more exposed and can be solved. I've been doing that a few years now and we have very few misses.

Caelin and his and Father and sisters are Master electricians, so it starts there. It's the reason I have been asked to do electrical consulting and sit in on new operating room conferences several times. We are not simply a high end manufacturer of power conditioning. There is more to it than that.

The room and component support plays a leading role as well, which is why I mention Bob Hodas, Stillpoints and HRS---these are amazing people and products. Not overpriced, but hey--its high end audio after all. :-).

You can get a lot for a small outlay of $ if you pay attention to room, power and component isolation. Grand hardware and speakers look great and surely they drive sales in High End audio, but if you miss the fundamentals you are not getting the performance out of your system that you should be. Kind of like Football (I'm a parent-brainwashed Packer fan). It's all about the fundamentals. :-)

Best regards,

Grant