View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Default Furutech Flux 50's added to living room system

Recently I purchased two additional Furutech Flux 50 inline filters, one from Ivan (Masterlu) and one from Tony (SX-626). Thank you to both gentlemen. I added the Flux 50's to the living room sound system. One is connected to the PS Audio P10 AC regenerator that powers the C2300 preamplifier and all source components. The second Flux 50 is connected to the JL Audio Fathom f113 subwoofer. I have a third Flux 50 in the sound system that remains connected to the MC452 power amplifier.

The audible improvements include a refined focus and definition to the entire sound system performance. There is a discernible improvement of midrange clarity, especially when reproducing grouped instruments and voices. Being able to readily identify each instrument's sound in a cluster has improved by a slight, yet readily identifiable margin.

The Flux 50 on the subwoofer demonstrates an improved musicality to the lowest octave. By that I mean the deepest bass reproduction sounds denser, thicker if you will, more harmonically rich and true to the entire presentation. Not knowing what to expect from the Flux 50 when plugged into the Fathom f113, I was surprised and pleased to be able to hear and identify what I consider positive influence in the deepest audible frequency range.

I have three dedicated 20 amp circuits for the living room sound system. Each circuit is powering its own PS Audio Soloist Premier SE outlet. The Soloist by itself does a good job of filtering EMI and RFI from the power line without restricting current, but none the less the addition of the Furutech Flux 50 inline filters raised the performance bar.

I got another surprise last night. I power the 65 inch Sony XBR-X900E 4K television from the same dedicated circuit as the subwoofer. To my amazement the picture quality appeared to have greater color saturation and clarity than before I added the Flux 50 to the subwoofer. This left me scratching my head wondering if perhaps the Flux 50's influence on the dedicated circuit was somehow back-washing to the Soloist Premier SE outlet and effectively impacting the power to the Sony TV. To test my assumption I unplugged the subwoofer from the dedicated circuit. The Sony TV's picture was still excellent but I could see a slight reduction in the color saturation and purity, not huge, but noticeable to my critical eyes. I plugged the subwoofer with the Flux 50 back into the receptacle and the Sony's picture quality regained the improved color density that had surprised me. I am not positive about what may or may not be happening to the dedicated circuit with the Flux 50 plugged into a separate component like the subwoofer, but it appears to be producing some positive effect on the television's picture quality from being plugged into the same Soloist Premier SE outlet that is feeding the Flux 50 and the f113 subwoofer. Whatever is going on, I like it.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 08-06-2019 at 04:58 PM.