Thread: DCS Rossini
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2018, 03:42 PM

Being fashionably late to this thread, I would add that I previously incorporated a K-03 in my system which was replaced by Meridian 808v5 which I happily lived with for several years. However, I made the mistake of stopping by JS Audio in Bethesda while visiting friends in the area and listed to the Rossini player. Simply put, it was amazing. Needless to say, my weekend visit turned out to be quite expensive as I ordered one on the spot and let go of my Meridian. The Meridian is a fine player; however, the Rossini was more detailed and threw a deeper and wider soundstage than did the Meridian. Through the Rossini, the music came across as more organic.

I decided to try the Rossini without a clock for a while. While I enjoyed my first year with the Rossini without the clock, I ended up purchasing a clock. Although the difference is not night and day, the clock improves the performance of the Rossini in a meaningful way.

I will not listen to the Vivaldi One or the traditional stack until my budget allows either to be a realistic possibility, so there's that.