View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:20 AM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post
Richard-

The Esoteric UX-1 (I believe), was the same 'tier' as the K-01/K03 is now-

The Wavelength Silver Crimson (under sub-optimal conditions) completely kicked butt on the Esoteric, and no offense, I'm sure the K-01/K-03 would also be emasculated-

It sounded so huge, open, analogue, w/ a natural ebb & flow- Hard to believe- Of course you're welcome to come & listen for yourself-

IMHO, of course-

David
Yeah, David, I'm thinkin' the same thing. And the tubes and Crimson aren't even run in yet. Oh, and then there's the Audioquest Diamond USB cable you just snagged; we were just using my plain-vanilla AQ Carbon USB cable.

Oh, and the computer server setup was less than optimal, too! Sounded amazing for what was definitely a sub-optimal implementation.

More goodness to come!
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet & Alpha USB cables, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Delta and Venom ICs, Shunyata Venom speaker cables, Shunyata Delta NR & EF, Venom NR-V10 and NR-V12 and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Denali 6000/S V2,

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-07-2013 at 02:23 AM.