View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
You’ve probably explored already, but there is a myriad of audio settings on the new Sony TVs, perhaps there’s something there that can adjust volume for the specific output.
You hit the nail on the head apparently. The master menu volume settings do not have this, you have to be in one of the sources or the native app input for example. Then when you open the sound menu you see something call input volume offset, center zero, right plus, left minus. This is apparently to fix the exact issue I am having, which turns out not to be between the TV and the external (HDMI1 - WMC) but between the TV apps (too loud) and the TV tuner (live signal) which is about like the WMC signal +/- a little. Why they have the apps so damn loud is a question by itself, but apparently there is a fix and tonight I will jump into the "project" to see if this fixes, both for digital and analog out signals which both need the fix.

By the way, when your next TV need comes up, think OLED if you don't have. It will bowl you over. I know this when I see the wife's jaw drop....

Will report final findings, but thanks to you all for your input.