View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:06 AM

I remember as a kid and this goes on to this day in Russia, once a year and always on a dedicated Saturday, everyone, kids, adults and even senior citizens, through schools, workplaces, libraries, etc would spend the day cleaning up their towns/cities, sweeping, painting, repairing, planting, etc... There was a certain felling of pride as everyone would participate in unison to clean and beautify a place where one lives. It goes a long way towards building moral standards and pride of your home town. Littering on the streets was frowned upon and every adult reserved the right to scold any child for throwing trash or acting immorally in general. If you teach them young, the moral roots have a chance of taking hold.

I can only imagine getting today’s youth to break away from their video games and go do something for our communities as I can only imagine the backlash of scolding someone else’s child anywhere in the USA...

Raising kids was always viewed as a “community responsibility”. We don’t follow those practices here hence the results.... Not all parents are created equal and without the appropriate guidance and help from morally strong and developed citizens who would care to lend a helping hand and make a difference, we have some serious issues.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a geographical issue, it’s the new generations not seeing clearly just what a responsibility it is to ensure the future generations know right from wrong.

You cannot take away or beat the pride and culture out from those that were raised with pride and morals. Ask not what the community can do for you, ask what YOU can do for the community? I think we could use some of that spirit here.

Last edited by PHC1; 06-16-2019 at 11:30 AM.