View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:59 AM

Wink Steve's aka MyPal's System

Thanks for stopping by my system thread! I look forward to your feedback & suggestions because it never ends... Pleased to answer any questions too...

OK, I've taken a few pics to begin with.

It is a hybrid 2ch & multi-ch 7.2 system.

The HT side is the current Denon flagship combo. The 10ch amp is bridged for the 4 surround channels. MC2301s drive the front 3 channels. HT passthru is utilized & triggers are used extensively throughout.

The 2ch side is all McIntosh.

The system gets 4-6 hours a day.

There are some pending cable changes, (more Siltech to come) & some tidying up to do, but it is hanging together on the most part. There are a couple of temporary cable runs to the rear until I run some more conduit & also get the electrician back.

The Studer A810 MkII was racked today. I have yet to run XLRs for the Studer. Initially I will go with 1 pair until I decide what to settle with for the 2nd pair. The 1st pair is a few weeks away (5.5m) but I should be able to manage an interchange to at least give it a whirl this weekend.

The main problem with this system arrangement is the large & expensive cabling requirement... Currently Furutech Flux is used throughout but I will be moving to Siltech Royal Signature series on the 2ch side. A couple of Siltech RMIIs are now in place.

What you see has been my journey for the past 12 months which coincides with my membership here at AudioAficionado. The only equipment that remains from the old system are the Dali Grands which I've had since new. Originally they were powered by Denon S10 monoblocks, then ML 33Hs, & now MC2301s. They have never sounded better!

For the purposes of photography, I had to disable a few triggers so I could manually turn everything on at the same time. The system normally doesn't operate this way. Even the 2 Littlites are powered by trigger outputs.

For those who don't know who the project manager is, he is my 13yr old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Jack.

Last edited by MyPal; 11-29-2013 at 05:47 AM.