View Single Post
Old 11-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.chaos View Post
If you want an Eames chair I would get one. I would get what every chair I liked and found comfortable. I have a Stressless Jazz chair and I love it. Is it perfect tweeter height ? I don't care. It's about the whole experience. I don't worry about inches that just sucks the fun out of it. I don't pass on a concert because I can't get the perfect seats. I would get a comfy seat and not stress about the height. Just enjoy the music!
I have measured the 800 diamonds and they are difficult to pair with an Eames chair at a 12 foot distance. Eames is way too low. And if I'm spending big bucks on an 800 diamond, I better make sure the sonics are not compromised. I found a "flight chair" from DWR that is of a perfect height to the 800 diamond.

I'm only 5'8" so I don't have the height when I sit... if I were like 6'8" then an Eames would still put my ears close to around the 40-45" mark (depending on slouch) which would make it acceptable even without tilting the 800.

Flight Chair

FYI, the seat on the Eames is about 12" off the ground. The seat on the Flight Recliner is 18" off the ground.