View Single Post
Old 01-15-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
How many times have all of us chosen the wrong menu item on our computers? I don't think the guy is ignorant. I think he wasn't giving his full attention when he initiated the test. There need to be better safeguards put in place to prevent this type of unintended actions to occur.

Around 8:05 a.m., the Hawaii emergency employee initiated the internal test, according to a timeline released by the state. From a drop-down menu on a computer program, he saw two options: “Test missile alert” and “Missile alert.” He was supposed to choose the former; as much of the world now knows, he chose the latter, an initiation of a real-life missile alert.

“In this case, the operator selected the wrong menu option,” HEMA spokesman Richard Rapoza told The Washington Post on Sunday.
Jim......please READ PRIOR POSTS as I am not calling that employee ignorant.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub

Last edited by Poppyhome; 01-15-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Add'l bold