View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Elberoth, I improved performance with the RAM upgrade. The OS is able to write more data to the RAM as well as create more virtual memory/caching space on the the drive.

Performance now: No lag. Instantaneous. No bumps or stutters. It rocks!

Also, the Samsung Pro is a superior performing drive than the Kingston - the Kingston has disappointing specifications in my opinion. This is a no brainer. Were possible, I minimized bottleneck performance. I literally transformed the unit into something really awesome. I now love the MB100!

McIntosh used fairly cheap parts and it makes fiscal sense that they did. I improved the quality on my own dime. My next search, faster CL RAM. While not necessary... I want to experience a difference, if any. Why not try... I like risks and I do not care if I void my warranty. I'll just buy another.

All in all, the changes I made as said above, transformed the unit and for me at least, worthwhile. I no longer have a complaint about the MB100... well. The APP needs some work... but that is an entirely different post.
Not really buying into the faster SSD story (mind you: I think the Samsung 850PRO is a great SSD, I even have one in my CAPS v4 Pipeline project, just don't believe switching SSDs may make a preciveable difference) but will try more RAM option.