View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I enjoy that album which I also have, but just as a red book release. I enjoy pretty much all of Knopfler's music and consider him one of the most thoughtful and tasty artists extent.

I'm sure I'd like the B&Ws, well I did actually! I don't know that the Revels perform on a different level but they are so well suited to my taste and budget that it's hard to see changing them out at this point for anything else I might be able to justify.
I’m not certain by your response if you perceived I was conveying an opinion that the Salon2’s are on a different level as the 800D2’s; if so, please allow me to clarify - I consider them to be peers and not a lot of difference. Either is good enough to satisfy me.

I’ve heard others that were equally splendid: Wilson, Sonus-Faber, Paradigm, Thiel. Frankly, there are a lot of great speakers to choose from. I’ve found the room to be a difference maker more than anything other than speakers. We are fortunate to have two dealers that I’m aware of in SE Michigan who have listening rooms that allow their wares to sing! It tempts me to build a new home so that I might have a similar in-home experience. I’m still thinking that through.