View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 PM

Default Magnum Dynalab 108T - SE Upgrade

Well, I packed up the baby this afternoon and am sending it back to have the following done:

- gold faceplate (to better fit with my Accuphase gear)
- changing out the distracting blue lights which are TOO bright for amber, and toning them down,
- changing the blue (TOO bright) lights on the MD205 to amber, and
- the SE upgrade (which replaces many of the internals). Here's a write up of the upgrade:

http://magnumdynalab.com/pdfs/HIFI+1...Dynalab_LR.pdf

I'm also going to investigate a surprise upgrade. If it works, I'll give a full report. If it doesn't, I'll wish I had the $$ back (and will give a full report, but I won't be as happy about giving it).

Also, for those of you on the fence about an MD Tuner ( . . . Dan, calling Dan), the case that comes with the MD is incredible. I think I moaned and complained and wanted several hundred dollars back when I got this thing and found the wonderful metal, fully padded, case inside the box - huh, why is that there? Well, it was there so that when you ship it, you have absolutely no worries (not no worries, but I feel lots better about shipping it inside this custom case than I would practically any other way). See the photos below for a sampler.

Oh man, let's hope that all of my favorite FM stations (which I'm sure are hanging on by a thread) stay in business!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0721.jpg (42.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0722.jpg (47.8 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.JPG (91.9 KB, 248 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 01-23-2017 at 12:54 AM. Reason: enlarge photos