View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marpa View Post
Thanks Mark that is very helpful.

I have been using Esoteric sources for over 20 years and myself have used a range of power cables over the years but nowhere near as many as you have.

The latest top of the line Shunyata you mean the Sigma NR and Alpha?
How do they compare to your Elrod Master Series Statement Gold you have on your source gear?

By the way, have you ever tried Elrod Diamond with Furutech NCF connectors?
Or Goebel Lacorde Statement power cables?

Cheers

Chris
I've not tried a Elrod Diamond Series or Master Series Diamond with FI50NCF or Bocchino connectors (he makes both) but i have heard them at David's house. I don't bring them into this system as I could not ever afford them at this point in life. I've heard them first-hand as i mentioned, they are unbelievable. I know 3 guys who utilize them throughout their system as well as using Diamond Speaker cables and interconnects; they swear they will never move.

I had the good fortune of a Shunyata SIGMA NR power cable on loan for an extended period. I utilize it on A02 amp, C02 preamp, P02 transport, D02 DAC, Cybershaft clock and my TRITON v3 power conditioner (with Shunyata adapter) for the 15amp components as it was a 20amp cord).

Comparing Shunyata SIGMA NR to Elrod Statement Gold is like comparing excellent no holds-barred to excellent no holds-barred. In short, won't do that on any forum. They are both top of the audio heap IMHO after years of trying many (not all clearly) great cables and yield excellent sonic results.

If I needed power cords in the system and had the money to move on them, I'd be utilizing SIGMA NR beyond a doubt! BTW...I still have a SIGMA NR level cord in the system,...the bespoke umbilical between my TYPHON QR and TRITON v3. Excellent!

I've note tried Goebel, Sablon or a few other high-end contenders to answer your other question.