View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
I just had a bit of a revelation just now. I am preamp-less as of Monday and need to play some tunes. I hooked my dac2x straight to my Steve McCormack flex-connect with 4:1 reduction and which I think also lowers the impedance for a better match. I am using my sonos as the source for my dac because I can control the volume with it. The amp is the 350 and holy cow, it sounds great. I've always like a preamp in the system but this sounds really nice. That 350 has balls and depth.
Interesting. Who needs a preamp?

I think a lot of this is the DAC2X....you've now got a source up to par with the rest of your components.

I just powered up the CT-5 and Pr350 with the Shunyata Black Mamba CX and HC CXs power cords, respectively; and oh BTW, the CT-5 is now getting power from the Hydra 8, and man, it sounds GREAT. The lower noise floor and improved clarity and musicality these bring over the just using a Venom3 and a DB Platinum is readily apparent.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 08-18-2012 at 01:59 AM.