View Single Post
Old 09-16-2023, 01:43 PM

Just bought M2 demos. It was a wild experience. The dealer brought the speakers to my home with no obligation. I of course would have paid a fee if I had not bought the speakers and last time we did this, I bought a Boulder Amp so they knew I wasn’t wasting their time. After 2 hours of listening to them and being mainly undecided as the incumbents were a pair of Sonus Faber Amatis that sounded gorgeous. The Magicos did sound wonderful but I wasn’t sure they worth the $$. I then plugged back in the Sonus Fabers for the first time in 2 hours and I simply couldn’t imagine going back to them. The difference was night and day. Shocking amount of transparency in the M2s, much tighter lower and more powerful bass, more separation, resolution, energy, realism…..incredible. And I loved my Sonus Faber. The M2s are special. I was hoping I wouldn’t love them as much as I did…but I was forced to spend the money on the upgrade.
Speakers: Magico M2; Magico S-Subs; Amp: Boulder 1160; Pre-amp: Pass XP-32; Phono Amp: Moon 610; TT: VPI HW40 Anniversary Direct;w/VPI Fatboy 12; Cartridge: Ortofon MC Diamond; SACD: Esoteric; DAC: dCS Barok; Conditioners: Shunyata; Cables Nordost/Transparent