View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 03:51 AM
Blown & Injected

Still looking forward to that Maks.

As for me, I'm still quite content with this machine. It has been oft suggested to me that I should buy a cartridge more suitable for a machine of this caliber. In time . . . for now, I'm just enjoying the DV10x5 so much!

I've been buying media. [OK, well I did buy a few MC2500s . . . but that's another story . . . ] While I love when a $30 LP lives up to the price, I'm a whole lot more fond of the $1.99 buy when it just kicks ass. I scored a few Charlies Daniels Band and Marshal Tucker Band LPs I didn't have and WOW - great stuff with an eye towards production. A rarity with modern releases. The Okki Nokki has been getting quite the workout lately. I also cleaned a few 10cc LPs my ex gf bought me at Goodwill. How have I never heard this band other than I'm Not in Love ? Again, excellence on all fronts.

Then, my gf's daughter comes over and picks out a record - Foo Fighters Concrete and Gold. OK, let's put that on for you. I listened to it the day I bought it and filed it. I really didn't remember much about it. O M G this record is just off the charts. I just can't say enough good about Dave Groehl as he does so much for the music industry. This album exemplifies his dedication to excellence just across the board. It's not for everyone, and I thought the cops would surely be knocking on the door, but man oh man. The sustain at the end of the last song (same as the title) just has to be heard to believed - Pat is the man!

So, play 'em if you got 'em. I LOVE my VPI!