View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgard View Post
Wow things are getting exciting in the Magnepan forum. Graham, I didn't know you had placed your order already. That is great that the 20.7's are such a quantum leap forward in sound. Keep us posted on the journey.

Ian, I am with Graham. I can't believe you lugged those 601's in the house by yourself. Those are really heavy. It won't be long and you will be able to convalesce on the couch listening to your new audio system. It should be out of this world!

~Mike

PS, I agree on your finish choice of dark cherry and black grills.
Many thanks Mike, yes, not actually sure how I got here either, kept a bit quiet in case the heavens realised how happy I was going to become and threw a spanner in the works.

The 3.7s are extraordinary, I would have held onto mine as well except a sacrifice did need to be made ... they will always be a watershed moment for me in enjoying music.

But if the 3.7s are an amazing giant cinema set-up with eery lifelike musical pictures to fall into then the 20.7s are like floating in Imax... It's like being drunk when you haven't had a drink. They will be the heart of my system for a long long good time to come.

I am fascinated with where Ian is going with his system... what's that much bigger than Imax? wow, just unbelievably good... Ian is going to take a Maggie set-up to a different level again.

Graham

Last edited by audiot servant; 06-10-2012 at 07:20 PM.