Thread: A3 ?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
If you are going to listen to Legacy Audio, the Focus SE is closer in price to the A3 than the Signature SE.

BTW, at RMAF, the 5th floor room with the Sopra No3 sounded excellent. Used sets are starting to show up at ~$15K.
I listened to the Signature Se about 6 mths ago but the demo was not good. Although I liked the sound the dealer couldn’t get his Tidal to work properly, wasn’t prepared to play vinyl and basically just tried selling me on his merits and why I should dump my gear and buy into his.
So I went to CAF after hearing the A3’s again and first went to Legacy booth. But week prior I contacted them for another dealer near me and spoke with him over the phone and got a great feeling from him. Got to CAF and met with Victoria (Bill’s daughter) and a local dealer who assisted. The service I received from the two of them was incredible. You would think I was buying the 80K speakers and not interested in 8-12K speakers. In the end with pictures of my current listening space and future it seems like the Signatures are going to work best for me.
After I spent the day listening in all the other rooms. At the end of the day for my budget room and ears I liked the Signatures the best.

Sooo....Do I like them better than the A3’s..I’m really not sure as I liked both. But I will say if the A3’s were available I would have made that my purchase.