View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post

I've had a K1 in the house and it is a definite step above the K-01XS but even the K1 couldn't beat the D-02X in my system. There's a lot at play here more than just the latest generation chip changes and the way Esoteric designed the 36 bit processing and 16 DAC circuits per channel most likely make more difference than just a latest generation of the chips. Esosteric's magic has always been in their implementation of the DAC chip and not just the chip itself. Again my opinion but for me the K1 just didn't have the same level of clarity, openness and extremely fine detail that the separate's have. That said ... the K1 is one incredible all in one unit ... probably the best I've heard.

George
Thank you George.

Wow that's really nice to have hear all the model you were considering.

The reviewa on the K1 was that it was preferred over even the D1 in the musicality aspect, so the D02x must be the sweetest spot in the lineup.

I am was also considering the change from a k01x, but my personal checklist wants to consider a FPGA dac and possibly a streaming addition or mqa capabilities and have thinking of contender like the msb, but I do love the sound from my K01x very much currently.