View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvp View Post
4RE, P-7100 is older than A-65. I believe the P-7100 amp is at least 6 years old, and currently is the only amp in the Accuphase arsenal that does not have MOS-FETs. (I was quite surprised that it was not updated in the fall of 2013.) Since the life cycle of the top-of-the-line Accuphase amps is 5.5 - 6 years, my prediction is that the P-7100 amp will be updated somewhere soon this year (e.g. this spring). IMO the A-65 will be updated only in 2015, though the fall of 2014 is also a possibility.

Dave_72, I am “sorry” to read that now you are considering to buy the P-4200 (which I am sure is excellent). What has happened with that “cheap” A-65 amp? Were you afraid it will not have enough control over the woofers of your JBL speakers?
Well, what happened is that I took a long hard look at my finances, and the A-65 is just out of my price range really, even at the discounted price from my dealer. So, it's either gonna be the P-4200 or the A-46. I hope this explains it. Any questions, feel free. The executive Vice President/engineer of Accuphase told me that either amp will work with my speakers (JBL S4700s)