View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma29 View Post
Thanks, Ken. That's right. Four months for full credit.

Actually, I'm very happy with my system now, so why mess it up? I think I'm just going to sit tight and wait on things to play out regarding the roll out of this new Pass Labs series.
Hi Carlos,

I totally understand where you're coming from. My XA-100.5s absolutely sing and I couldn't be happier with them. I've always felt that Pass caught some lightning in a bottle with the design of the XA-100.5s. In my opinion, they are the sweet spot of the line. The amps have such a lush midrange (beautiful for jazz vocals) and are the most tube-like in presentation of the XA series. It makes me wonder if the XA-100.8s will have that same unique magic to them.

I'll definitely audition the XA-100.8s when they come out and read the reviews but I'm in no hurry to trade up. Since my amps are older than 4 months and I didn't buy from Mark, there's no advantage for me to do a quick trade in. In fact, it probably would cost me well over 20% to move up, although these amps really retain their value in the secondary market.

Best,
Ken

Last edited by PlanarSpeakerFan; 11-09-2013 at 11:18 AM.