View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k2000 View Post
I was yearning for a player like this and thanks Bryston. My 2 channel and surround sound systems are one and the same. Currently have an Oppo feeding audio and video into an SP3 via HDMI - the SP3 does the decoding and pre-amplification and feeds the Parasound JC1 amp via XLR.= which driver my speakers.

1. If I use the BDA 3.1.4 for music listening should I just directly connect the BDA 3.1.4 to the amps and use the digital volume or should I connect it to the XLR inputs of the SP3 and run the SP3 in Pure Direct Mode wherein only the analog pre-amplification is used and not processing of the signal is done. Which do you think would be better.

2. Say in the above said scenario I am watching movies I run HDMI in to the Bryston from the Oppo and then the HDMI out of the BDA 1.3 is connected to the SP3 for decoding can the Bryston pass the HDMi signal untouched.

1. If I run a HDMI out from the Oppo to the BDA3.1.4 when playing SACD's and when I want to watch movies can I JUSfor SACD disc bitstream decoding. The question is when I start watching movies if I run a HDMI cable from the output of the BDA 3.1.4 to the Bryston will it pass through decoded audio and video to the Bryston.

2. The second question is do I connect the the BDA 3.1.4 directly to the Parasound JC1 amsp via XLR's or do I go

Hi

I can answer 1. - Connected the 3.14 to the SP3.

Email Mike on the HDMI questions please - mpickett@bryston.com

james