Thread: My New 1911
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-hd View Post
8-10 weeks!?? for the gun or conceal carry? In GA walk in walk out takes 20 minutes....everytime
For the pistol-permit (the right to even own the damn, evil instrument of death, to say nothing of paper targets).
Conceal carry? That's a ticket to go straight to jail. Do not pass Go. CC permits in NJ-stan are far and few between. They must be renewed annually and approved by a judge. If federal law did not give retired law-enforcement (I use that term loosely) the right to carry, they would not be allowed to do so (NJ tried to prevent it). Almost no one gets a CC permit in NJ. My retired secret service friend is still fighting to get himself considered "law enforcement".
We have bills pending in the legislature that will limit magazines to 5rds, require a pysch evaluation (at the owner's expense, I am sure) and force a home inspection (invasion? - again, am sure at the owner's expense) by the police in order to own guns. Thankfully housing market is recovering so we can sell and move across the state line into our home in PA. We like living 'down the shore', but the crazy laws and taxes are driving us out.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-01-2013 at 08:56 AM.