View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default Help - “Preparing Aurend Please Wait”

Hello

I turned on my N10 this morning and the display screen is showing

“Preparing Aurend Please Wait”

Normally I would be patient but it is still showing after 20 minutes. I did not trigger any updates I am aware of and read MQA is coming out and not sure if that relates or not related to a self-update? I have 150 mbps internet and the latest performance routers, in case it did.

I do shut the unit down upon listening, which is everyday.

I don’t want to to do a full power down just yet in case it is updating and does take a bit. Just wanted to hear some songs from the “what are you listening to” before work on the N10.

On a side note Conductor has been having difficulty syncing up the past few weeks requiring me to close the app, and then open versus before just open the app and it was there - not sure this is iPad issue (latest version installed) as the iPhone 7 seems to have challenges of late.

I did send a message into support about this and a MQA update, and will advise the forum. In the interim, any ideas?

On a side note, raises the question of streamer backups. I have a Mac Mini in my server room networked and dedicated to ROON and Tidal that the PSA Direct Stream/Bridge picks up so I am not dead in the water, but for today will spin a SACD of Pink Floyd.

Side note II: All my downloads and rips go to the Mac Mini and from there I drag and drop into the N10 - always best to have back up if these systems go down.

Does anyone else run a parallel backup or do you simply default to the Transport and Turntable?

Last edited by For The Love of Music; 02-01-2018 at 12:05 PM.