View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPandy View Post
I hear that the Torus sub and Magico mate well together...
Andy, once again you have your finger on the pulse. Magico bass is quite fast & articulate, as is most sealed enclosure type speakers, hence the nature of the design characteristics. Since hearing & experiencing the Wilson Benesch Torus Infrasonic Generators, I now have 2 coming within the next fortnight. These are way faster/more articulate than most subs I've heard, admittedly I haven't heard all of them but they are rated as some of the most accurate & fastest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcvibe View Post
Thanks for your comments. The reason I am making an assumption about Alexia not needing the sub and Magico needing it is because in Stereophile Recommended components they list Magico Q5 as Class A but limited in the lowest frequency (I assume Q3 would have less bass than Q5). Alexia and G1 were listed as Class A full range without limitation in low frequency. However, I have an open mind and agree that Magico's drivers appear to be of better quality. I guess I'll find out this weekend. Thanks for your opinion. I still think Wilson makes a good overall product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number95 View Post
One has to ask Mike Fremer for that idea of restricted bass. Is it lack of visceral punch as he suggested or lack of distortion? Is it that he got used to a bass hump which he considers as good bass/visceral punch?
Another very plausible question would be what colour he was feeling on the day. Trust your ears, not theirs!