View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post
How do you read the review?
Myles,

Beyond the worst opening par since I don't know when... as a review it is a bit contorted and clouded... the back story might be that Mr Valin has apparently copped some flack lately over perceived big claims for certain gear and maybe a bit of flip flopping on what is this month's version of ultimate best when it comes to audio things.

The review is almost written on the defensive, starting out with a 10 point disclaimer, then it twists and turns to an ultimately positive outcome where the word love even appears... (sorry, not intending to chuck in a spoiler) but certainly not a straight forward journey by any means.

The take away for me as someone who has 3.7s is that in the review it is most straight forward when it comes to the comparison with these 2 models.

Based on what I hear with the 3.7s if the 20.7 betters the 3.7s in all the areas mentioned then the 20.7s will be a definite audition and may well just be my next destination... I love the 3.7s for all the same qualities that the 20.7s apparently now improves upon... thats brilliant... just wish he would have specified how much better... oh well, leaves us something to work out for ourselves.

I can only guess at how complex it might be to negotiate all the hurdles required to write on niche products like high end audio gear where the commercial demands to satisfy all the stakeholders may well be at odds at times... but in the end we take from these things what we can.

All confusion aside - the 20.7s are better than the 3.7s, that's enough for me to want to hear them a lot.

Graham

Why does the word obfuscation always cloud the issue...

Last edited by audiot servant; 03-14-2012 at 08:12 AM.