View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzzmusician View Post
Charles,

I've read all your posts about your recent journey with the XVX. Loved every one. One day I hope to hear a system close to yours.

Yesterday I ran across a piece of music entitled, "Traveling Music," by the Silk Road Ensemble. It was on the soundtrack of the Ken Burns film, "The Vietnam War."

I loved the piece and for some reason all my thoughts were, "I wonder what it would sound like on Charles' system?"

If you get bored, please give it a listen and let me know what you think.

Regards,

Bob
Bob, thank you so much for your kind comments. I purchased the CD with YO YO MA on the cover and also the Soundtrack CD both off Amazon. I couldn't see the tracks on PBS CD but the songs on the Soundtrack seemed mighty fine, so I bought it also. Neither very expensive.

I have been in process of re-discovering a lot of my jazz CD's with my XVX. The XVX simply excels with jazz. Never heard anything like it.

A particularly wonderful CD that I discovered is "In The Evenings Out There"
Paul Bley piano ECM 1488 517469-2. Every track is absolutely remarkable. I don't know why I never noticed this CD before.

Thank you again for your kind comments. Also with Ivan's permission I may post a pic of my work today. I am working on an email concerning it. It will only be one pic with no comment. My work is in a sense "top secret" so I will not be able to comment and no one will remotely know what it is. But it certainly is beautiful art. If I don't post, I have decided against it.