View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 08:16 PM

Default Holy #$&%

Directly from Paul McGowan on the PS Audio website today:

I just left Music Room One after finishing round one of Red Cloud vs. Huron on DS. I had previously not listened to Ted’s work until the PIC code was finished (which he does not do). Matt, our director of engineering, has been slaving away at various improvements in the PIC code and finally, with Darren and I standing irritatingly close to him as we paced back and forth to get the 20 compiles he finally gave them to us.

Holy shit. No. Holy f*ck. Sorry. These last two words were what Darren and I said almost in synch within 10 seconds of the first chords of a simple Vivaldi piece we like. OMG. Ted had said this was big. We had no idea.

This isn’t big. This is…I don’t know what it is. The very first version blew us up. The added weight, perfection in tonal balance, clarity as the bow moves across the string, the rosin making it sound crisp. Noises we could almost hear in the background are now gone. Vanished.

I have to get back and finish DS. We’ve only listened to this one piece. But holy moly. This is going to be big.

Did someone mention waiting until Monday? You guys are nuts. We’ll launch this bad boy on Friday. Yours to enjoy over the weekend.

And the Bridge II code too.

All free. Yup. Merry Christmas guys. Now back to it.

I am trying not to get my hopes up, but this seems like the real deal. Nothing incremental here. Can't wait until Friday.
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.