View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmig View Post
My Gumby arrived last Thursday afternoon and has been turned on continuously since. I've only played music through it, however, for about 8 - 10 hours of that time. Its gone through some character changes. I listened some last evening and it seems to be settling in as the soundstage has become even larger and the "see-through" transparency is getting "smoother" sounding. Obtuse prose I know, but since you own one, you know what I mean. :-)
Sounds good. Just a note that a Schiit rep told me that you don't need to have your Gumby streaming music to "burn in"; it just has to be turned on. Most folks say that the majority of burn-in occurs within the first 72-96 hours. I think Serge will confirm; by 300 hours or so you should be pretty much done. Glad you're enjoying it as much as you are.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.