View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Soundmig, when did you get your Gumby?

Wow is right. IMHO, Gumby competes fully with the Bricasti M1, which costs 8X as much.

It is impressive, indeed. Schiit is all about the value proposition.

Value=Quality/Price

In my personal view, the current state of the high-end is that many high-end audio products, because of their stratospheric prices, have acquired, to some extent, the attribute of "vleben goods", where the value is tied to the price, i.e., the more expensive something is, the more it is valued.

The irony of this is that there are many audiophiles that would not consider Schiit's products quite simply because they do not cost enough.

Schiit just stays "on-mission": to provide exemplary performance for money to their customers. As a professional who teaches "Voice of the Customer" to companies in biotech, I really respect that.
And ,,, I agree with you on the pricing issue. Many products in audio today derive their "value" from their price (as well as the decorations that make them "look" awesome). There is a psychology to that - but we can leave that for another time. There is a place for that and even some customers for that, but I agree that Schiit seems to be providing an incredible price/quality quotient making the product line an incredible value proposition. I'm getting really curious about the Freya. ughhh.

I'd be interested in hearing about the "Voice of the Customer" as it pertains to the bio-tech, healthcare field. I've spent most of my career in related lines of work.