View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Ayre is superb in its own right. I’ve owned the KX-R preamp and have auditioned Wilson with KX-R/MX-R combo. I’ve also owned Sophia 2, 3, Sasha and Alexia with the Wilson surrounds for theater and the Polaris center as you saw in the video. When D’Agostino created the Monentum monos, the first time I heard the Wilson/D’Agostino combo I knew this was the sound I was dreaming of all my life.
So I was finally able to watch the video - it was greyed out before. Great color choice - if I was to ever get a Porsche or Wilsons the only color for me would be Carmine Red. Too bad you don't have the system anymore. What are the room treatments you were using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inga View Post
You will have same "fat sound" with other amps.Just better controlled. The key is to find amp which will be lean ,fast, open tight in the bass, but not very technical in the mids. Not an easy task to combine those two values. Not speaking about DAC which should be very airy (maestro very top ocatve abit mellow, I still hear up to 17khz and 12-20khz in Maestro is not airy as Sonus fabers)

but the worst combo when with amps which is polite, slow sounding. Then speakers just sound uninvolving and boring. Fast, vey open, upfront "in your face" kinf of amps does trick. This is for normal audiophile records , listening on moderate levels. When listening electronic music and volume is cranked speakers opens up with most amps.
Thanks. The M400 should hopefully do the trick - bass was super quick.

I also realized why I'm liking the tweeter on high setting - the tweeter on the Maestro is shelved down in the brilliance region (6khz - 20khz) (red trace):