View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 10:53 PM

Roscoe65, I ran some comparisons on my home equipment. I brought in a $200 power cord, a $500 one and a $1000 one. Compared them vs my Belden 14AWG shielded cable which I picked up for $8. Tried them on 4 power amps, two preamps, a DAC and a CD player. Couldn't hear any difference between any of them on any piece of gear.

But there are certainly people around who claim to hear significant differences and who have invested many thousands of dollars into them.

These Inspire SE amps throw up such a beautiful, open sound, that they would seem to be an amp which would benefit, if there actually is a difference.

A highly respected audio engineer, Dusty Vawter - who designed amps & DACs for Audio Alchemy, then more of the same for Channel Islands, and is now back with Audio Alchemy / Elac - once told me that if a power cord could make an audible difference on any of his gear then that would be proof that he hadn't done a good job designing the power supply. For he put extensive work into cleaning, regulating, and filtering the power in his systems.