View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattia View Post
In my humble opinion, the DG/DF units could benefit from a complete redesign regarding functions.

But, for example in 2014-2015, the combined sales ratio of those units was only 4.9% of the total Accuphase sales, so I think Accuphase is not so inclined to spend too much r&d money on them.

On the other end, a revised product (for example with a very good digital volume, more inputs, ets) would likely boost sales of for example DG units, but what about the consequent reduced preamplifiers sales?
In 2014-2015 the preamplifiers sales ratio was 20.9%... so I don't think Accuphase would risk loosing that by improving DG functionality...
That's because DF-65 is only for people with active systems, 99% of audiophile speakers are passive, of course is a small % of sales.
They could "do it right" for us the 1%, because most audiophiles want passive speakers and don't care about active benefits and difficult setups.
It wouldn't hurt analog preamp sales because of that.
DG-58 is another story because is only EQ, but they could sell it to people with passive systems, along with their analog preamplifiers, and keep a "done right" all in one DF-65 for active systems, so it won't cannibalize sales.