View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 12:50 PM

Default Full service acoustic designer, hopefully in Atlanta?

Ok, i'm working on the spouse about the room. I think the problem is that now we're trying to have a living room and a listening room at the same time, when we should just give up and have an aesthetically optimized listening room (my point of view obviously). I think if we started from the ground up and tried to make the nicest looking listening room possible, overall - the aesthetics would come out better than trying to mingle existing stuff and put acoustic bandaids on top of it.

I have looked around on the various sites and discovered that GIK is here in town. I'd like to speak with an acoustic designer who would think about the room from that perspective, be able to generate computerized drawings, etc. If i just start trying to slip bass traps in the corner and hope she doesn't realize, I know (after 30 years of marriage), it will be all over. I'm on the edge as it stands now with the system in the living room.

So, my madness is to start with a designer, show her some photos and designs so that she sees what's possible, and hope for the best. May not work, but there's a chance. I know there's no chance trying to just slip stuff in.

This is likely the more expensive alternative, but it's better than nothing. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations in the Atlanta area?

Thanks in advance.

PS, if you're interested in a vacation home in the Highlands, NC area, I'll make you a deal and just build a dedicated room here!