View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 12:48 AM

thughes,

I just joined today, but I had a thought about the LED issue. I recently found a Soloist in May on Audiogon and bought it. Really love it, the only thing was I wanted the light to be blue so I posted on the PS Audio forum and they recommended if you were handy to change it out.

Anyhow, when you take the four Philips screws on the back of the unit off and remove the back plastic housing you can see the LED is inserted in a kind of small heatshrink type tube that aligns it with the lens that is seen from the front. I read in another forum of some issues where this has not been correctly aligned (see this link, it is pretty far down but here is a text exerpt:

"Figure 3. I installed this Soloist and the front panel LED said "look for me".

The black plastic light guide shroud that connects the green LED to the clear plastic lens was on the LED but not on the lens, therefore no green light could be transmitted to the front panel.

I recently ordered two more Soloist SE’s and, after installation, no green light. A check with the voltmeter showed that I was getting 122 volts out. This time I had a good idea what the problem was, so I removed the Soloist and took off its back cover. This is a picture of what I found:

Soloist2LEDShroudOff-8x6-arr.jpg
Figure 4. Come on Paul, stop playing hide and seek with the LED display.

This time the shroud was on the LED but not on the lens.

It only took 10 minutes to correct this, but I don’t understand why something this obvious was not caught in final inspection and testing. I have six Soloist SE’s and two of the six had this problem."

If you take a look it may save you some trouble and it is a quick fix.

Best regards,
VG