View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 09:52 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I have an opportunity to upgrade my speaker cables (currently 5-year-old Ztron Cobras) before the end of the year to Alphas (Sigma are out of the budget unfortunately.) I can do either single or bi-wire to my Amati Futuras. I’ve never bi-wired before, anyone have any thoughts on what the improvement might be and whether it’s worth doing?
Tony - this is a controversial topic....you can read all kinds of opinions as to whether or not it makes a difference. Some speaker manufacturers will recommend it while others say it’s not important. I don’t think you would have a clear cut answer in your system unless you tried it in home. Any way that you could do an in home demo before buying? If I were buying new cables anyway and my speakers were bi-wireable, I probably would go ahead if the price difference wasn’t a big deal but if they were way more expensive I probably wouldn’t without a trial.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3