View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:55 AM

Thanks Kal for your responses. In one highly respected magazine that reviewed both the Sopra 2 and the 3, they scored the Sopra 2 higher and commented they were fussy and needed a larger space to perform well.

My take on this is so much of this is room dependent and in your comments you had mentioned the Sopra 3's should not be used in a smaller room than what you have and you were not able to space them out wide enough to take full advantage. So in my mind bigger in the same series (even though they use similar drivers except for larger woofers in a bigger cabinet), may not translate into better sound in your room.

Ariess commented on this forum that he evaluated the 800D3 versus the 802D3 in his room in a similar position and that the 800D3 "swamped the room" with bass overload and he felt the 802D3 was far better at integrating into his room and giving a balanced response.

This makes it very tough for the consumer to make a purchasing decision without the ability to evaluate in their home setting, which I am sure has lead to expensive purchasing mistakes and regrets after the fact.

That is why reviews such as yours describing the space required is very valuable information. Do you think if the Sopra 3 was evaluated in a larger room setting where you could position them optimally they would have received a better rating that "Class B Full Range"?

Last edited by GregGale; 03-11-2017 at 11:59 AM.