View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 11:20 AM

I have a pair of the Elipsa SEs driven by an ARC Ref 110 tube amp. My room is 12' x 22'. It is section into two parts, the library listening part and office part. The listening part is about 12' x 15' so I don't think your room size would be a problem.

If you are buying from a dealer I would ask to hear the speakers with your amp. If I liked the sound I would then ask the dealer for a home demo. The speakers are large and heavy so he may not be thrilled. But at this price level I would want to hear them in my room with my system.

I did this with my pair of Elipsa SEs. My dealer brought his demo pair to my home and set them up in my room. He positioned them and set the toe in and rake so they sounded their best. This took and hour or so. After about a week I was so enamoured with the SEs, I called and asked him what it would take for me to just keep the demos right were they are.

The dealer must think your serious about the speakers though to go through this much effort. My Sonus Faber dealer is also my Audio Research dealer so I have been a long time customer who has bought a number of pieces.

The Elipsa SEs are very special speakers. They are like baby Strads. I think you would be very happy with them. I know that I am.