View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I've seen some discussions online that so far Roon had no luck aligning with Spotify that is what made me think it's not that simple. Let's hope it all works out.
From what I understand, it's not the actual API integration which should be straight forward'ish. From what I read, they require Tidal to export/send, in a certain format, a significant amount of metadata associated with the tracks and have certain agreements for new releases to get the metadata earlier (not sure how much early). They said that many services are not willing to do this which makes sense.

Fwiw, I ended up cancelling Tidal as I found that Roon's features of integration (discoverability, insights into my library, etc...) are not as compelling as other music services such as Amazon, Apple and Google. Simply put, Tidal failed to learn what I like; It keep pushing the same stuff that I am never going to listen to whereas Google/Amazon music services provided stations and recommendations that were more spot on to my preferences based on my listening habits.

Of course, non-tidal services are not high def but if I like the music/artist, I buy it.

YMMV
Work Audeze LCD-XC, Audeze Deckard