View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justubes View Post
Yes , underdamped in the sense of brightness or duller if overdamped.

I felt the maestros were more neutral but retaining that midrange smoothness at the dealers.

I would still love a pair as it has been some time ago and i made improve my room acoustics since.

Mine was on the warmer side, though the Maestros were superior, in some areas, the Scalas seemed to suit better.

I used to have a warmer sounding room.

The Maestros were like a big cc long distance cruiser and the scalas more a little town racer.

It was amazing the Maestro allowed a close field monitor like listening position @ 2 m.
My room is definitely not overdamped, it's a living room all concrete with tile floor. I've treated it as much as I can - large rug, acoustic panels and bass traps along with furniture and shelving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
great speakers, do you have a picture of how the speakers are set up in the room ?
I haven't done any tweaking. It's still in the same position with just a little bit of adjustment to original toe in. I should get my new audio points in the next couple of weeks and then will see. Unfortunately this site has a weird policy on pics so nothing I can post here. You can see general location in my system on audiogon (which shows my earlier Scalas).